Like most other industry in the world, the Indian legal environment is also undergoing a paradigm shift. While glancing at the industry scenario, it apparently seems that recovery of debt was one of the major challenges of doing business in India. The experts of the industry say that the enactment of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 brought about a revolutionary change in the proceedings of debt recovery in the nation. Soon, the new law replaced the time consuming legal proceeding with a new process which is bound by a fixed time. The industry pioneers have informed that this will have a ripple effect on other legal regimes in the country and will gradually be evolving into a speedy justice delivery system.
One such leading organization which is contributing extraordinarily in the renaissance of the fast-changing Indian legal industry is IndiaLaw LLP (IL), a PAN India law firm, which stands as a one-roof solution to people or organizations seeking for support in legal affairs from courtroom litigations to boardroom negotiations. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Mumbai, the firm has its presence in all major cities and state capitals in India, including 10 branch offices in the nation and more than 170 lawyers and ten partners.
IndiaLaw has a large client base including several major national and multinational corporates from divergent sectors like banking, finance, automobile, engineering, information technology, FMCG, retail, hospitality, oil and energy, telecom, infrastructure, realty, pharmacy, insurance and logistics among many others.
Client Diversity of IL Truly Reflects its Expertise in Different Fields of Law
The major achievement of IndiaLaw is its diverse client list. From industry leaders, Fortune 500 companies to budding startups, pioneering entrepreneurs to aspiring business leaders, IL treats each of the clients with equal attention. With experience that spans over multiple practices and jurisdiction, the firm provides tailored legal advice that proves to be the edge in situations that matter. IL uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure efficient handling of matters and provides real-time updates to its clients with only a click of a button. The firm further employs dedicated Client Service Managers to each of its clients to ensure real-time communication and efficiency.
The company asserts about its expertise and says, “We understand the complex workings of the law and handle each client’s legal needs with a difference. We bring a unique outlook to the status quo to create resolutions that factor in the big factor.”
Areas in which IL has laid its Hands of Experience
IndiaLaw LLP practices in various areas of legal matters and the prime areas in which the company focuses are as follows:
- Litigation: IL has successfully handled various high profile and complex litigations in the Supreme Court of India and the High Courts. The firm also regularly represents its clients before various tribunals and subordinate courts.
- Arbitration: IndiaLaw LLP has also developed innovative methods for execution of arbitral awards and decrees. With a strong team experienced in handling complex arbitrations, the firm has successfully handled thousands of execution proceedings across the country.
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy: IndiaLaw is emerging as one of the most preferred law firms in handling insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings. With an advantage of having offices in all cities with company law tribunal benches, the firm is handling many high-stake bankruptcy proceedings across various company law boards and representing many financial institutions and other entities in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Real Estate: Having a dedicated division for the real estate sector, IndiaLaw firmly advises real estate and infra companies on land acquisition and project development including large-scale SEZ projects, integrated townships among many other infrastructure projects.
- Banking & Finance: Having established as a pioneer in banking litigation and finance arbitration, the firm stands as a ‘one-stop legal service provider’ in banking and finance industry.
- Merger & Acquisition: Having a robust corporate and M&A practice, IndiaLaw has advised on many domestic and cross border transactions in many areas including joint ventures and strategic investments, fund formations, asset purchases, franchise agreements and technology transfers.
About the Entrepreneur leading this firm
With over two decades of rich experience, K.P.Sreejith, Managing Partner at IndiaLaw LLP, is not only well acquainted with the legal landscape of Arbitration, Civil & Commercial litigation and debt recovery, but also helping corporates handle such matters with ease. While playing an instrumental role in introducing technology, Sreejith has instilled the best practices of the corporate world into IndiaLaw to make it the one-stop solution provider for the corporates seeking legal help. He has singlehandedly founded the company in the year 1998 and has led the team to successfully handle several civil and commercial litigations in the High Court of Bombay and other courts besides various non-litigation assignments.
Sreejith is more popular as an expert strategist, and his extraordinary deeds have earned him the nomination as the member of the National Task Force constituted by CII on Dispute Resolution. His expertise in Arbitration, Banking and Non-banking Laws has earned the company a loyal corporate clientele.
Vista of Future from IL’s Perspective
With a highly trained team, IndiaLaw progresses tremendously in handling matters under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. With the advantage of having offices in all cities with National Company Law Tribunals, the company claims, “We can safely say that IL has filed maximum number of insolvency proceedings under the code at present.” Sreejith concludes the future plans of the company by saying, “Our aim is to become number one insolvency and bankruptcy law firm in the country and currently we are on the right direction in this regard.”